Saturday, November 10, 2012


Saturday, November 11, 2012


I had a great day at J.P. Nix Elementary School in Cleveland, GA. where my granddaughter, Laurel, goes to school.  The  program honored veterans through clapping and cheering as we "marched" down the halls and a variety of patriotic songs sung by the kids and a dramatic reading by none other than Johnny Cash.   The first picture is me greeting Laurel during the stroll through the school.  The second is Laurel, Clay,  Jane, and Doug in Helen, GA on the banks of the Hooch after the ceremony.  The teachers and administrators of the school really did a great job and the kids were definitely impressive.


Jane and I drove down Wednesday afternoon and stayed at a B & B at Nacoochee Valley after I received a dose of platelets as they were getting low.  This should get them back to normalcy before the next chemo shot round.


We arrived back home on Thursday afternoon so that Jane could continue to supervise the installation of windows for the back porch or Carolina room.  Great week.


"Is it ignorance or apathy.  I don't know and I don't care.  Jimmy Buffett

2 comments:

  1. Very powerful event. A memory I will hold onto for a long time. Loved the visit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete