Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday - March 16, 2013



Things are looking good.  Immune system is now up in the high normal range.  Doctor says I should go take care of some sick kids.

We will head over to Duke on Thursday for a battery of tests such as EKG, electrocardiogram,  pulmonary,  and an orientation class on what to expect.  Once I pass those tests we will find out about status of donor and actual transplant timing.


Meanwhile, I feel perfectly fine and am enjoying being in the way at home. 


"We were all having a good time until somebody got hurt."  Laurel Christopher, MY 7 YEAR GRANDAUGHTER


THE HIKER

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!! That's great news.

    I trust that the news at Duke will be equally good. I hope that a donor will be quickly kocated and the BMT can be scheduled shortly thereafter.

    Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of you hiking! So glad you are feeling good!
    We are hosting a bone marrow registry drive at our church in Huntersville, NC Apr.27 to help build up that bank of donors that could be the match for you or someone else battling AML.
    Here's our website with more details, if anyone wants to stop by or make a $ donation to the cause:
    www.bethematchfoundation.org/goto/TeamDoug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture---I want to come go hiking with you! We are so happy with your news---also, so proud of the Peters family---wish I was close enough to go. XOXOXO AP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Someone always gets hurt, but I have now taught the children that every battle wound comes with a good story!
    Happy you are having this great time at home.
    I know a match is out there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete