Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday October 5, 2012




I am a lucky person to have this kind of support.  Thanks Amy,  Kevin, Julia and Sara for your participation in the Light the Night Walk.  What a team!


I appreciate all the support from my family and friends.  Never thought I would be the recipient but it makes one feel positive about the future. 


No blood readings this week so I must be good.  I feel great and have been hiking and playing golf.  Jane, Joyse, and I did a fairly strenuous hike off of the Blue Ridge Parkway in an area called Graveyard Fields (of all places).  The meadow was filled with bright red blueberry bushes and orange trees.


Thursday night we went to dinner at one of our good restaurants in Brevard and listened to Shannon Whitworth pick and sing.  She is a great vocalist and local talent.


"Think of life as a terminal illness, because if you do, you will live it with joy and compassion, as it ought to be lived."  Anna Quindlen (Author of "A Short Guide to a Happy Life")




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug for continuing the Blog. Aren't your kids and grandkids such a Blessing??? It ain't luck though...God's got some purpose in it all, and even when it seems bad, there are Blessings all around that can be seen... when we open our eyes to it. Take Care and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete