Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday, September 30, 2012


Oops,  Saturday came and went and I forgot to publish the weekly blog. 

It has been a great week here even though it was gut shot week for me.  Again, blood counts are so good that the doc says he will not take another reading until 11 Oct.  The only side effect is a sore tummy which heals in a few days.

This great week included a visit from Taylor and Anne Manley and friends.  Jane and I had lunch Monday in Brevard with Taylor, Anne, Mike, Nancy, and Carol Anne.  Great fun, food and conversation that one does not get in the hospital. 

Taylor and Anne returned on Wednesday and stayed with us until Friday.  We hiked to Skinny Dip Falls but did not.  Taylor and I played 18 holes of golf on Thursday while Jane and Anne went shopping in Hendersonville. After that we had cocktails at Joyse's new home and then had dinner out.  Thanks for the visit, we enjoyed it.

NGC friend, Larry Stover, called.  I hope we can visit againg soon. 

Jim Melton made his periodic check which I appreciate.  I'm doing well, Jim.

All I can say is that I feel and act normal as I have always been.  This has been verified by Jane who states that I am as much of a pain as in the past.


"Doing nothing is very hard to do--you never know when you're finished."  Leslie Nielson

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Bro. On the links even! Lucky for you that it doesn't exert you hard since you take so few strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time, too. We were both so glad to see you doing and looking so well---thanks to you both for the great lunch, dinner and two breakfasts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you continue to do well and are enjoying hiking and golf. Blessings for a great week.
    Hugs to you and Jane.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete