Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday - 15 September 2012

All is well.  My blood count numbers remain excellent i.e. ANC, the immunity score, is above  average.  I also had to go to Ace Hardware to buy a leather hole punch in order to modify all belts.  Hell of a diet.

We are headed to Asheville to celebrate Joyse's birthday at the Grove Park Inn,  Ike and I will then go downtown to the Brewgrass Festival (that is not a typo).  Ike got 2 free hundred dollar tickets from his work as they did all the signs and shirts for the event.  It should be interesting.  In Asheville, tattoos are acceptable substitutes for clothing which sometimes is not pretty.


"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you gottta put up with the rain."  Dolly Parton

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear you are into fun and normal activities! Have a great day.
    have a toast to Bama tonight!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe we just spent 3 weeks in Hot Springs and I could have come for a visit! Howard was hiking the AT and I stayed there enjoying the area and came to Asheville several times. We will be back so maybe I can visit then - at your home! You've got to get well by May so that you can hike with him. He will start in Erwin, TN and head north. he just does section hiking but does have a goal of Harper's Ferry.
    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    Lynn Harrison Tessin

    ReplyDelete