Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Update - 1 September 2012


As of today, I have finished 5 days of Vidaza gut shots with no side effects except sore abs.  Also, I am off of all blood pressure medicine and lost over 10 pounds but I am not sure I would recommend this diet or regimen.


The new meds given by shot to the gut are designed to knock blood count down and then allow them to build back up to a higher level.  Shots will be given for the first week of the next six months. 


Cam, Scott, Laurel, and Clay are coming over for Clay's fourth birthday today.  We plan to take him to the big toy store Brevard, O.P. Taylor's, his request, and then go on a waterfall hike.  Transylvania County where we live has over a 1000 waterfalls in the national forest surrounding Brevard.


I had a great surprise when I arrived home from the hospital.  Amy, Cam, Ike, Ali, and Joyse had all pitched in and bought me a large screen TV for the back deck of the house.  It was a perfect homecoming gift as football season is here.  Thanks to every one.  Now Jane can watch NCIS inside while I view the Redskins or Panthers outside.  I have had to switch some allegiance to NC but cannot quit the Redskins after living near them for 25 years. 


Thank you all for your prayers and support.

"Short hair is quickly brushed." - Amish Proverb

4 comments:

  1. re: "no side effects except sore abs." Bro...you have abs? I don't. More seriously, great news on the progress. We'll need to crank up the RV and head west again. Bro J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard your waterfall hike was fun ! Keep being strong, you're an inspiration! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed our visit! The hike was wonderful. Clay had a great birthday. Glad you are feeling stronger. Live you

    ReplyDelete