Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday - 3 May 2013


Day 15


The Paso Doble got voted off last night when I started running a pretty good fever and was told to come into the Duke Hospital BMT Unit.  As we were going through security at the ER entrance, my world went dim and I fell against the glass entry door.  Evidently I smashed my glasses against my nose leaving a deep abrasion that bled all over everywhere.  Guess I know how to make an entrance that gets attention.  So after 4 hours in ER, I was admitted to the BMT Unit at Duke.  It was determined that I did not crack open my head and I would continue with treatment in BMT Unit at Duke for a few days instead of out-patient (which I prefer greatly). Seems I have become severely dehydrated which is fairly common with BMT patients but the side effect has been an irregular heat beat (called A-Fib) and light headedness thus the tumble I took last night.  So here for a few days to sort things out .  Doc think it will resolve itself so I do too.  Also good news is that I have no infections and didn't really hurt anything with the fall.

We are excited that Amy is coming and due to arrive in couple of hours.  I won't be able to walk the Duke Gardens but it will certainly be good to see her. She walks for her Masters a week from Saturday at UNCC. We are proud of her doing this while working full time and taking great care of her family.  You rock!

"Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer."

Denis Waitly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment