Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday - 18 May 2013

 

Day 29

 

We lost Doug shortly after noon today.  He passed with all of us surrounding him in love.  Even our associate pastor from Brevard was there.  Sweet Douglas is now telling jokes in heaven.  God I hope they are ready for his foolishness.  We will have the funeral at FUMC in Brevard Friday at 2:00 pm.  Visitation probably Thursday evening at Moody Connolly Funeral Home in Brevard.  Burial at Arlington in a few months.  Stay tuned for further details. 

 

Love you guys for your prayers and support and laughter.



5 comments:

  1. Daniele is probably fixing him a meal. Hugs. Bro J

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will so miss that crazy sense of humor, but heaven will be a more interesting place now that Sweet Douglas has arrived. Our loss - heaven's gain. Blessings and hugs to you and your family at this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, Amy, Cam, Ike, David,
    My heart is breaking for all of you. I feel as if I've lost a dear cousin. If there are graham biscuit, knitted bedroom shoes, and golf clubs in heaven, then I'm sure he will find them. My prayers for you will continue as you begin this walk without Sweet Douglas.
    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    Lynn Harrisin Tessin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quinnie and I are so sorry for the loss of a loved one in Doug. We will pray for comfort and peace for you. Heaven is a joyful home and Doug will add to the joy.

    Quinnie and Susan Rivers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wheeless Family, I send my deepest condolences for your loss. My Dad would always share the great stories that he and Doug and David had growing up together at the Wheeless farm. I am praying for your family and pray that God will comfort you during this difficult time in your lives.

    Allan Tonkin

    ReplyDelete