Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday, 30 January 2013


As we used to say at the picture show,"I think this is where I came in."I am back in Mission Hospital in Asheville for a new type of chemo.  My hemotologist doc from here was able to arrange for me to receive the chemo in Asheville in lieu of Duke.  The treatment will last 5 days and then I remain for about 25 days of monitoring and hopefully boredom.  When the leuk blasts are successsfully lowered to below 5% I will head over to Duke for the bone marrrow transplant.

I had a great visit with Cam, Scott and my wonderful grandchildren, Laurel and Clay last Sunday and Monday.  On Monday, Cam And Scott went to work and Laurel went to school.  Clay, 4 years old, and I went to Mickey D's and had sausage and bacon biscuits.  Then when leaving McDs we saw that Burger King had an indoor play ground so we stopped  there where Clay played and I had another sausage biscuit.  We then went to the Cleveland city playground where we discovered we had left Clay's jacket at Burger King so we zipped bback over to BK and then back to the park where we enjoyed two hours of swinging, kicking balls, and stuff.  We then picked up Laurel and went to the new soda shop on the square in Cleveland.  It was a great time and good memories for this trip.

I somehow got misoriented, not lost, somewhere between Toccoa and Cornelia, GA but a nice state officer pulled me over (70 in 55) near Homer, GA on 441S and gave me directions to Cleveland and no ticket.  He simply said "Drive careful, Colonel, as I had accidently given him my military ID along with license and registration.  Also mentioned I was in GA to visit grandchildren. He also asked I could remember the directions.  (Old what). 

"If you fail, try, try again"  Not sure who originated but Mother said it often.


4 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful visit! The kids had a great day with you. I have a good feeling about this round of chemotherapy ...you definitely have your fighter attitude and game face on! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved hearing from you tonight. You sound so strong and ready for a fight! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I did even though I probably reminded him of his granddad.

      Delete