Thursday, January 31, 2013

 
 
 

Thursday - 31 January 2013

I had one round of each of my new chemoes last night with no side effects. I actually have an easy schedule as I am not attached to an IV except for the 3 hours of chemo each evening.  So I am free to roam the halls of the tenth floor (whopee).  I have also broken the code on dinner which is served at 4:30PM.  Order a cold sandwich and salad and let it sit for 2 or 3 hours.    All vital signs and blood letting readings are holding their own so I am doing good.  I know most of the staff here and they still put up with me so that helps.  I will start the second rounds of chemo at any moment now.

 

Joyse is here today as Jane is the foreman of the kitchen remodeling crew at home..  The new floor is in so  that is progress.  Amy arrives tomorrow with pictures and short timers calendar.  All the staff wants to know why I have bare walls, because they were  full of  pictures drawn by grandchildren during my last trip here.  They will be here soon as Cam is mailing hers and Amy will deliver hers tomorrow night.

 
 

This is a picture taken during our wonderful Christmas season at the local bowling alley.  Amy, Cam, the grandkids and I all bowled.  On the first row L to R are Clay Christopher and Laurel Christopher son and daughter of Cam,  who  live in Cleveland, GA with dad, Scott.  On the second row are Sara Peters and Julia Peters daughters of Amy, who live in Huntersville, NC with dad, Kevin.

 
 

"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get older"   George Burns

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good start to your month---we enjoy having the blog to look forward to every day. Praying that this chemo does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photo. It appears that the chemo regimen is going well so far, Doug. Continued good thoughts and prayers beamed your way.

    ReplyDelete