Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday -  26 April 2013

Day 8


Good day at the treatment center.  I am rid of the mobile dispenser bag of immune suppressant which weighed about 11 pounds.   I now take a pill instead.  Our transplant doc says he is very pleased with how things are going and a little surprised about how well my body is coping, as in no side effects.  So far, so good. 

It is sad news that George Jones died today at age 81.  Probably a good run considering what he put himself through.  Back before they killed Music Row,  radio DJ's would say,  "Other than George Jones, who is the world's best country singer?"  He will be missed.


"I ain't ready for the junk yard yet, I still feel like a new Corvette.  An Eskimo needs a Frigidaire like I need your rocking chair."  From "I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair."   George Jones

3 comments:

  1. Thought you might blog about George, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waylon Jennings was quoted as saying "If we could all sing like we wanted to, we'd all sound like George Jones". Glad you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete