Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday - 27 April 2013

Day 9


I am afraid if something interesting doesn't happen soon,  I may lose some readers.  Anyway,  I was a "quart low" on platelets today so I got some.  White blood cells are finally going down as they are  supposed to do.  So all good news.


I would like to thank the Peters family consisting of my daughter, Amy, husband, Kevin, and my wonderful grandchildren,  Julia and Sara,  for holding a "Be The Match" event at their church in Huntersville,  NC.  This gives people the opportunity to register and be on the national donor list as  possible bone marrow donor.  People can also make contributions for the cause.  The event was quite successful. Thank you.  I heard that Amy received great accolades for presentation of the announcement of the event at the Sunday morning service. 


"Keeping up the appearance of having all your marbles is hard work, but important."  Sara Gruen

2 comments:

  1. You won't lose readers because we are checking in to make sure it stays uneventful. suspect more would comment but blogspot's security is daunting.

    3 weeks today :-( Scotch time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Smooth progress is best.

      Thinking of you and Claire, Steve.

      Delete