Sunday, April 14, 2013


Sunday-  14 April 2013


Well, I guess this a different kind of Sunday since I have to be at the clinic at 0800.  Yesterday was just terrible.  All counts were good,  chemo was easy, had a nice lunch and went back to the condo to watch the Masters UNTIL THE CABLE WENT OUT.  Time Warner Tech help was remotely familiar with written troubleshooting procedures.  After I discovered that all 3 TVs were inoperable (horrors), our Oakwood Manager suggested that we check Internet and telephone.  Yes, they were out and we were on a deserted island (double horrors) - no Masters  and no Texas NASCAR.  By this time most of Eastern NC had been alerted but the cable company said they would quickly send someone out by Tuesday.  After a call to them by our condo manager infoming them of the total cable outage,  we were restored to life after about two hours in the vacuum. 


Jane and I tried to stay mostly congenial throughout the ordeal and once I got to watch Masters reruns and the remainder of the race,  I felt better.  Yes, we had cell phones and books but used to more tech needs.


Now, as for why I am really here.  We are doing great.  Jane is cooking good meals and we have had great lunches out.  I have been given stero\ds which increase appetite and golf driving ability.  All is good, two more days of chemo then the radiation day.

"With diligence and patience, the mouse bit in two the cable"  Ben Franklin




1 comment: