Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday - 21 February 2013


Okay, tomorrow is a day for big news.  I should get the result from my bone marrow biopsy and will go to Duke for the transplant.  That means about 90 days of staying near the hospital for daily monitoring.  At least I will not be in the hospital the entire time.


I enjoyed Jane staying here today.  Between me and the process of renovating the kitchen, she has had little time to enjoy. Steve Johnson says that she must be a saint. Let's not go overboard.  Ike stopped by for lunch and caused some laughter.  A nurse that Ike knows  who works on one of the other floors brought gifts by the room. Nice of her but perhaps she also wanted to make contact with Ike.



"Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."  Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to being up there Saturday am!!!
    Big news day tomorrow. Love your outlook.
    Kids send prayers and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been knitting a lot this week and thinking of you, Jane, and of course, your grandmother - since she's the one who taught me to knit. Hugs and prayers for all of you.
    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete