Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 28 - August 5, 2012


I received 2 units of blood today.  It seems as though I am getting more than my share, so if anyone is inclined to donate to a local bank please do so.  It will not go directly here but there is a need everywhere.


I enjoyed a special visit from Jane's sister,  Aunt Gail,  Jane's brother, Taylor, and  Gail's son, Chuck Hammock.  They are special relatives who mean a lot to me. 


Amy, My oldest daughter,  and Kevin, Amy's hubby,  brought a Hazard Deluxe Putting Mat so that I can practice putting which I sorely need to do.  Thanks for the mat guys.  The nurse of the day did not believe I was the patient when she came in and I was up putting.  Amy and Ken also brought some  of their Home Made Uncle Paul's Bar-B-Que.  Best meal I ever has in a hospital.



"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."  Vince Lombardi

4 comments:

  1. Still loving your quotes---so sorry I could not be there with the other Griffin/Macon crew. Loved seeing the FB post of you putting. Stay strong. love you, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the fighting spirit. Love the quote, perfect. Keep being amazing!! Love you. Kids send smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. The griffin folks, Jane and I are at marco's. Our first order of business was to toast your courage and future. And i have had multiple gins just for you. Will see you tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Paul's Pulled Pork BBQ is the best! That's sure to set you right Doug! I've heard the sauce is so good, they can pep you up with some of it in your IV. Now your Doc may not approve of such unconventional healing techniques, but ya never know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete