Thursday, August 16, 2012

DAY 39- August 16,  2012


Progress continues as ANC rose to 2.4, platelets doubled to left field, and red cells hung on by a spot .


Ike stopped by with lunch.  Some Nurse from another floor ha dropped be earlier and asked if I  was Ike's dad.  She then left a snack sack for him.  Not sure if he is spending his whole lunch hour with me.


Jane quizzed all doctors and nurses thoroughly and insured that they knew my past medical history.  I listen as they talk about ,"Him"  and "He".


"Believe in yourself and never, ever give up."   From a get-well card sent by Lewis Brewer

5 comments:

  1. Remember my story about our running buddy Luke in his battle with cancer at Walter Reed: he said things would be fine and then Ruth would come in and bust the gonads of the staff and then leave for him to suffer the indignation of the nursing staff. All of this done in good humor by both Luke and Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I was not there. I would make them hurry up and get something done now! I am not patient but truly feel the staff there is in top if things and very excellent at what they do. See you Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zetella prayers sent ur way. Hope today is a good day for U. Be kind to the nurses they control ur life

    Quinnie Rivers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearing great news today---day 40---it will be wonderful if day 40 really can be your last day---you have been such an inspiration to your friends and family throughout this long hospital visit. Much love and many prayers still coming your way.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete