Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 10 - July 18,2012 

For the first time, I felt some side effects from the chemo which consisted of simple fatigue, but nothing unbearable.  Sorry if I was unpleasant to  anyone,  you will just have deal with it. 

Rev. Guy Sales, former assistant minister at the first Baptist Church in Griffin, GA. stopped by.  He is now the minister of the First Baptist Church of Asheville.  He, or course, was sent over by Aunt Gail. The visit was appreciated.


Ike stopped by this afternoon to  ensure that I walk even though I did not feel like it. 


I did have the platelet transfusion last night at about 0200 which may have contributed to the fatigue.  Also had two units of blood today as red count was low. This monitoring is why I am here.


Not much new, just siting here swapping thumbs.

A father's advice to his kids when they went off to college.


"If you are tired, rest.

If you are hungry, eat.

If you sick, go the doctor."  

Doug Wheeless



4 comments:

  1. You are entitled to frustration and we will deal with it. Like the quote best of all. Pick up your bed and walk. Love you. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also appreciate the not unbearable part. I valued that fatherly advice. Still rings true.

      Delete
  2. Have enjoyed reading your blog. We are getting ready to leave on a cruise because we have to do everything Amy's family does. Loved seeing the picture of the whole family. Something to keep focused on for sure. Sounds like you are heading for a few rough days. Hopefully Uncle Dave will be a good match and get that part of your recovery expedited. Love you guys. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong, Douglas. This too shall pass. I, too, hope that David is a good match for the BMT. I' ll try to get to Brevard shortly after we relocate from San Diego to Cumming.

    ReplyDelete