Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 22 - July 30, 2012


The doctors take turns having floor duty here in the hospital to allow others time for office calls etc. which means that I get multiple opinions on what's next.  Today the doc mentioned that I am 3 to 4 weeks from dismissal and that the goal is to get back to Myelodysplastic Syndrome which means I would be free of leukemia cells within the marrow. He seemed to think that an outpatient regimen consisting of Vidazo might be the solution for the future and not a bone marrow transplant.  Another opinion which I will discuss with my main doc. 




Not sure I can express my feelings when  Steve Johnson, old friend, ally, brother, and fellow soldier visited today. We had many assignments together in our careers which included South Korea and the Pentagon.   Steve drove his RV from Cedar Island near the Outer Banks to here today which is a 7 hour drive and is about as long as one can drive and stay in NC.  Thanks, Bro, good to see you. Lots of memories, especially boating onThe Potomac River.  See you again tomorrow.




"The past is a ghost,the future is a dream, and all we have is now." -Bill Cosby

2 comments:

  1. Wow...love you see you this weekend ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting lots of opinions, looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Glad Steve is there, know it's good to see him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete