Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 2 July 10, 2012

Today is really Day 1 as the actual chemo treatment started this afternoon at 1733.  I am taking two chemotherapy meds which are Daunorubicin and Cytarbine.  The first is given continuosly for seven days by IV and the second for three days by pushing the med through the IV with the biggest syringe you have ever seen.  The morning began at 0600 with platelet  infusions and then the installation of a double port so that IVs and blood samples can be given without additional sticking which is a good thing.  I am still feeling strong and vigorus. Side effects such as feeling lousy are said  to start in about 7 days. So today the journey really started and I am glad to get the road on the show.   Perhaps there will be more philosophy as the chemicals kick in.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Daniele just asked if I had heard anything. Glad you are feeling strong and vigorous...I don't and there's nothing wrong with me other than being lazy. You, Jane and the clan are in our thoughts and prayers. I'll break down and buy some expensive scotch when this is over...we'll open it and throw the cap away! Bro J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling good, coming for a visit Thursday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have the vigorous attitude. Best of luck to you. Like the new hairdo. At least we men with disappearing hairlines can say we "chose" to go bald. Women don't seem to get that choice. Keep some good reading nearby or whatever keeps you busy. Back in the day (pre-kids) when Amy would take me for hours of woman-ish of shopping, I'd bring a note pad and start writing stuff or have a book/magazine to read. Without that I am certain I would have gnawed a limb off (being dragged to one woman's store after another).

    Seems we don't have time for that sort of thing anymore. Wonder why?

    Take care uncle Doug.
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete