Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 7 - JULY 15, 2012

Only two more days of chemo and then one sits and waits to see if it takes.  It appears to be easing in and so far with no noticeable side effects.  Cam, I did walk a mile and a half today and only collided with one nurse and just spilt a little coffee on her.

I am gaining weight as the mess hall puts out good chow and Judy makes sure that I don't necessarily have to eat what's on the menu. All vital signs continue to be good.  I have given them so many times that I am surprised that I have any left. I must also be getting plenty of sleep as I am asked about it at least 8 times per night.

I appreciated the visit from Gail Hammock, Jane's sister, and Anne Manley, Jane's sister-in-law who drove up from Griffin. They were upbeat and fun and even brought great gifts including shirts that can be worn with wires sticking out.  I now have plenty.  They also brought a book from a wornderful Griffin friend, Carole Anne Marshall, entitled, "The Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagen.  I think I have seen them in the halls here.  Jane  made her usual appearance which I greatly appreciate.  She said that they announced in church that I was the only one in the hopital.  What a great, damn priviledge.


"Breateh In, Breathe Out, Move On" - Jimmy Buffett







 

 

8 comments:

  1. Like the quote today! Glad the walking is going well. Keep up the boring, uneventful is the goal and before you know it you will be home. Kids send hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WILL DO. I APPRECIATE THE HUGS. CAN FEEL THRM!

      Delete
  2. Good job with the walking, thank milkshake man for talking to rain man, great weather here once we arrived. Love'm you'm. Proud of your awesome attitude! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of food: It's been a while and you may have forgotten that I told you that my mama Alice's fried chicken was better than Henry's (not that I ever had Henry's but everyone's mama makes the best fried chicken).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS ALMOST A FORGOTTO ART FROM TIMES WHEN WOMEN COULD COOK AND WOULD.

      Delete
  4. Brother, I don't think I would have said that. Ms Jane still has her well seasoned cast iron skillet, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doug,
    Just thought I would check in to see how you are doing. Joyse's movers are packing her up today and our gang will sorely miss her living in our little community. She is, and has been, a geat friend and of course introduced you and Jane to us. Knowing you guys has been a great pleasure and even though you are in NC, it doesnt mean we can't vist there and you can visit here. Our friendship does not have boundaries. Take care of yourself anfd keep us informed regarding your progress. Your are a tuff guy and I know you will pull through this ordeal.
    Ferdie

    ReplyDelete