Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 21 - July 29, 2012


The second round or do over with the chemo is a done deal.  Once again, it is time to wait and then in about 7 to 10 days find out if the chemicals have knocked the marrow cells down to zero and then to ensure that the good ones are growing back.   I still have no significant side affects, however, next week when I have no immune system because of the lack of white cells, we will be on the lookout for infections.  I guess in GA one would say I am floating on the Hooch or in NC I would be floating on the French Broad which happens to flow the opposite direction of most rivers.


All that aside,  I had a fun time with all  four grandchildren via SKYPE today.  It was great to see Julia, Sara, Laurel, and Clay on my PC and talk to all of them live and in color.  What great kids!  Thanks for calling and telling me about your trip to the zoo. Giraffes eating out of your hand while you are in your car in Charlotte, NC?  Really? 

 

Lisa, our best Brevard friend,  and Jane visited today.   Lisa had just been visiting the Grand Canyon and Sonoma, AZ and told stories that reminded of our great family trip to the Canyon for Jane's 60th.    I have heard talk that we may be headed to Key West for my 70th. 

 

"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town."  George Carlin

6 comments:

  1. Kids said they really enjoyed the Skye with you!
    Key West, YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through the 2nd round with no troubles. Fun to Skype you today! Up for Key West for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went to Key West last christmas, the real estate crashed pretty hard, down 50%, great opportunity for investors! congrats on the 2nd round.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the 2nd round! I love being able to keep up with you on the blog even in a different time zone. I, clearly, am in for Key West. I'll have to get you a "last man standing" trophy this time around. Love you and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doug,

    Have been keeping up with your blog since Gerry and I visited on the 21st, Saturday. Glad everything looks as well as it does.

    In case you get bored, you can listen to a little opera by our daughter, since I know you have internet access:

    www.blythegaissert.com

    If you go to the "listen" tab, it automatically loads audio from the first aria listed in the program. About half those arias are not ones I'm fond of. My former business partner in Texas would call them "music to tune your coyote by" !! Anyway, the video on the right is more traditional; she's singing with the Hartford Symphony and Choir, and you get video as well as sound.

    Hope you continue to progress in your treatments.

    My best regards,
    George Gaissert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, George. You have a beautiful and talented daughter. She is certainly a talented person. Thanks for sharing. I don't remember your singing when we were riding horses so she must have had another source for the talent.

      Delete