Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 3 - July 11, 2012

Today was highlighted by visit from my brother David and his wife Jeanie.   David had his blood donor candidate sample taken to see if he qualifies as my bone marrow donor.  Guess we will see if mom and dad were telling the truth.

Completed one day of chemo with no apparant side effects.  I still feel normal bui the doc said be patient and that would change.  Currently the docs prediction of 30 days of boredom is proving to be true.  Hopefully that will just continue.

Appreciaate the toughts and prayers from everyone. I appreciate the prayers  and comments from family and freinds which  have been great and the wonderful thoughts and prayers from my NGC brothers and sisters. I had a great visit from Larry and Marie Stover on Monday which was very much appreciated.  Larry looks great after his scarry experience.

All is well nad I hope all is well with you.  As they said in Hunger Games, "May the odds be in your favor."    Doug



12 comments:

  1. Julia and I are driving your way, looking forward to visiting Thursday. Julia is impressed, you are blogging and quoting Hunger Games! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong. Glad to hear the positive attitude. See you soon. Keep up the walking and we will keep up the praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish Sara and I could be there with Amy & Julia. Sara is enjoying her golf lessons and looking forward to hitting the links with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take 2 salt tablets and drive on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, boo. My comment went in yesterday's section. Guess I have to hit that refresh button.

    Still thinking about you Doug.

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug,
    You are in my prayers and wishing you a speedy recovery. Kill that damn disease!!
    Frank Huchingson
    Class of '66

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Doug:
    Keep up the battle I know you can win. I'll send my better-half to see you over the weekend. I don't think Miss Henry and Mr. Ike were involved with any hanky-panky, so Dave should be a good match!!!!!! We are at 10,00 feet elevation, so prayers should go straight up to the big man. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doug,

    Just a note to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. You live in a beautiful part of the country so you have to get over this thing to enjoy it. My niece works at the Biltmore so if you get reallly bored you can jail break and maybe she can get you a free tour :-).

    Jim Anderson '66
    Midlothian, VA
    jwendell44@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr Wheeless,

    The "...odds are in your favor."

    Bob Danforth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doug,
    Sitting here with Joyse trying to set up and account so I con rag you. Glad you are doing well so far.

    ReplyDelete