Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 6 - July 14, 2012

Today was just a continuance of the dripping chemo which will continue for another 2 or 3 days.  So for I still do not have any side effects such as fatigue or flu like symptons.  I do take steroid pills along with the chemo which creates a hell of an appetite.  Perhaps I will bullk up for those long drives.


The highlight of the day was a visit by my daughter, Cam, and her husband, Scott who live in Cleveland, GA.  They left my 2 grandchildren, Laurel 6 and Clay 3, and their 3 dogs with Scott's parents.  Cam is a physical therapist and ensres that I am walking these halls and doing other exercises each day. So this afternoon I walked 12 laps aroung this hospital floor which is a 1/2 mile. Doesn't sound like much except the reputitous laps make it seem longer.  Lisa, our wonderful friend from Brevard also visited and brought a book which advises on how I can keep or obtain my Emotional Balance.  I am sure that will be helpful in this ordeal.  Ike and Jane were also here so we had a good time and did not get called down by the nurses.


After that, I watched a complete Braves game which I have not taken time to do this year but I sure have time to do so now.  Braves won - Beat Mets in close game.


Guess I am in to Amish Quotes- "All the water in the world cannot sink my boat as long as it's on the outside."








 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day, go Braves!
    Keep up the laps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to find some "motivational" books that I can send you. I'll start with looking for authors that were Drill Sergeants, First Sergeants, or Sergeants Major. Bro J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left out Blacks Hats at Jump School.

    ReplyDelete