Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 17 - July 25, 2012


I am now completing day 2 of the Induction phase 1 redo which consists of two days of the famous chemodrusitg, Daunorunorubicin (Daw-noe-ROO-bi-sin), and two days of Cytarabine which is given the first two days of the Induction phase.   The Induction Phase first drug was named after a chef  on the cooking channel.  This whole proces is rather strange as one feeels normal so you just here and take medicine in order to feel bad so you will feel normal again.


The only real side effect so far is a fuzzy brainy feeling which gives one the ability or excuse to say most anything in the presence of most anyone. Seems to concern Jane at times.  Jane and Joyse, good friend who lived beside us in VA  and has now moved to Brevard,  visited today.  They will team me which will help "him"  keep his morale up. 



I appreciate all the encouragement and prayers from all of you.  Helps keeps one eye one the tiger.




"The only way out is through" R. Frost (Suggested by son-in-law, Kevin)










11 comments:

  1. Doug, I did not realize you needed an excuse to say most anything to most anybody :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually you are fun when you are fuzzy...... Your brain that is. Douglas, we are so proud of your courage and attitude. We will do many NASCAR left turn laps tomorrow around the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for slow pokes on the track! :D
    ~Julia <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Julia, I have lapped most all of them. I drive the NUMBER ONE car.

      Delete
  4. What would your Grandmother say in this situation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey papa it's sara.
    I love you and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flair is here and we are reminiscing. There are a whole lot (Dang Brother...I don't think I would have told that!!) but the one that has us laughing/crying is an Easter at Robertson's where Bro Doug gave the most moving Easter Service (seriously) to the "congregation" sitting on a piling. Same trip where Ike fell off the dock and the Brother was Olympic in nature in grabbing him out of the water. Great memories. Looking forward to creating some more memories. Bro J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember all if those great times. Wish we could all meet at Sandy point and make a star raft.

      Delete
    2. I would love to meet at Robertson's for a backrub. Think they still serve those?

      Delete
    3. I remember those good times and even remember thatEaster service. I had always wondered what the guards were thinking. Looking forward to seeing you guys. looks like i will be at this site.

      Delete